Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Veggie and Pasta al Forno

I made this recipe a while ago and was just eating the frozen leftovers. It's so daggon tasty (and I have the notes from when I made it) that I thought I'd share. It was based on leftover cooked pasta. I always make too much pasta so I freeze what I don't need and then I have it when I want to make a casserole!



This is a great recipe to make before the holidays and have ready to pull out of the freezer on a night you don't feel like cooking or when you have guests over (planned or drop ins!). I got 6 plus servings out of this but some were more lunch size than dinner size. Make double and you'll have a spare dinner ready to go when you need it most.



Veggie and Pasta al Forno
Serves 4 -6



Ingredients:


  • 3 cups cooked medium pasta such as penne, fusilli, bowties or wagon wheels

  • 3 cups cooked and chopped veggies. I used broccoli, cauliflower and green onion

  • 4 cups shredded 3 cheese mix. I used swiss, cheddar and mozza (use light were possible!)

  • 1 tsp salt

  • 2 tsp garlic powder

  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup light sour cream

  • 3/4 cup bread crumbs

  • cooking spray.



Instructions:


  1. Preheat oven to 350

  2. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray, use one big dish or individual ones

  3. Mix together the pasta, veggies, cheese, salt, garlic powder and sour cream.

  4. Pour into casserole dish or dishes

  5. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and spray the crumbs with cooking spray

  6. Bake until bubbly, about 30 - 40 minutes.

No comments: